Orders usually ship within 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS from the time we receive your order, except during July-September when orders may take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS to leave our warehouse.
Expedited processing and delivery options are available.
You can get free shipping to the contiguous continental states if:
Core members get this free service for a full year. Heirloom members get free shipping for life! See the other benefits of Core Club Membership.
If your order does not qualify for free shipping
- $5 Media Mail is available for qualifying items under $25.
- $10 trackable shipping is available for orders under $150.
- Other Options can be arranged. Contact us to setup a specific alternative service you would like to pay for.
- FedEx® requires a street address (no PO Box) and a phone number.
Sonlight usually ships internationally via trackable shipping because it is the most cost-effective option for you. Keep reading for details:
- Fuel Surcharges are additional. Use our shipping calculator to find to find your shipping rate, including the current Fuel Surcharge. The surcharge fluctuates with market conditions. During 2008 it fluctuated between 2% and 34% of the base rate.
- FedEx® requires a street address (no PO Box) and a phone number.
- If your international order contains backordered items, Sonlight will typically hold your order for up to four weeks in order to ship all possible materials together.
- Please be aware of the available shipping options and shipping limitations on orders sent to your country. You are responsible for all duties, taxes, and other charges required by the country of destination.
- Incorrect address or address without a phone number can result in your package being held up in customs, resulting in additional delays and charges. Please be sure that the address you give is accurate for delivery within your country.
- When you order, please tell us which word (name) is the Country, Province, City, and Postal Code. Please include your phone number and email address.
- We want you to be able to get the curriculum you need, so Sonlight has already negotiated a discounted rate with trackable shipping, and then subsidizes the cost of that discounted rate. You'll find it is significantly cheaper for Sonlight to ship to you via trackable shipping than for you to use FedEx's international services on your own. If you're curious, you can calculate the non-subsidized/discounted rate you'd pay on your own with FedEx. (For Sonlight's rates, use the shipping calculator.)
Notes for Canadian customers:
Standard shipping via trackable shipping generally takes 3-10 business days for delivery.
A 5% Canadian GST-Goods and Services Tax will be applied to your order if shipping via FedEx or UPS. If your order is shipped to a PO box, we must use the postal service. You will pay GST at the time of delivery, and you will also be charged a customs broker fee of $5.00 per package.
How to calculate your shipping costs
Your shipping charges can be found at final checkout, or by using the Shipping Calculator.
Expedited Processing and Shipping Options
Rush Service (faster service in our warehouse)
Rush Service moves your order to the front of the line in our warehouse. If you place your order before 11am (MST), your order will be on its way to you that day. If you place your order after 11am (MST), we will ship your order the next day. It is currently 5:28 AM.
|Order Total||Rush Cost|
|$1000 and up||4%|
You get Sonlight's Rush Service any time you pay for expedited shipping, such as FedEx 2 Day.
Use the Shipping Calculator if you'd like to estimate your shipping costs, or simply select your Expedited FedEx service at checkout and your package can be on its way.
We special order a few items--such as less common Rosetta Stone® packages--as needed. You still get all the benefits of ordering through us, but it takes an additional 10 business days for your items to ship.
Is my shipment insured against theft or damage?
Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. insures items against damage or theft during transit when shipped via trackable shipping anywhere in the world. We do not insure Postal Service (e.g., Media Mail) deliveries unless you specifically request and pay for the service. Though we don't often ship via UPS, we do insure items against damage or theft during transit when shipping via UPS.
Which items qualify for Media Mail shipping?
The following items generally qualify for Media Mail:
- Instructor's Guides
- Computer programs
- Extra Activity sheets and other stacks of paper
- Binders (if you also order an Instructor's Guide)
These items do NOT qualify for Media Mail:
- The Sonlight Catalog
- Science supply kits and components
- Non-media resources such as microscopes, the markable map, art supplies, puzzles, etc.
- Math kits and components
- Handwriting supplies/manipulatives such as the chalk board, chalk, foam mat, etc.
- Binders (if ordered alone)
- Free Gifts
Please note: The United States Postal Service maintains these rules for Media Mail. Unfortunately, Sonlight cannot make exceptions to what we can ship via Media Mail. If you have any questions, please contact us.
When you start the check-out process, your shopping cart will let you know if you order qualifies for Media Mail. If you cannot choose the Media Mail option when you check out, your order does not qualify for it (either because your order is over $150 and receives free trackable shipping, or because your order contains one or more items that we are not allowed to ship Media Mail).
What Import Restrictions are there for Sonlight products?
- Restrictions on biologically active items to Australia, New Zealand and Mexico: Due to import restrictions on biologically active items (soil, seeds, yeast, etc.), Sonlight cannot ship certain science supply kits to certain countries. Here is a list of those items, plus the countries we may not ship them to:
- Science Supplies Kit A (#ASK)—Australia, New Zealand and Anguilla
- Science Supplies Kit D (#DSK)—Australia, New Zealand
- Microscopy Science Supplies Kit E (#ESKM)—Australia, New Zealand
- Science Supplies Kit G (#GSK)—Australia, New Zealand
- General Science Supplies Kit H (#HSKA)—Australia, New Zealand
- Science Supplies Kit 150 (#150-35)—Australia, New Zealand
- Advanced Dissection Kit with Specimens (#250-30)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand
- Advanced Biology Dissection Animals & Trays (#550-16)—Australia, New Zealand
- Extra Dissection Animals & Trays for Additional Student (#SS122)—Australia, Mexico, New Zealand
If you live in one of these countries, you will have to find equivalent items locally. If you order a package containing restricted items, we will remove those items from your package and reduce your cost accordingly.
- FlashMaster: Due to European Union recycling restrictions, we cannot ship FlashMaster (item #RM25) to EU countries.
Have more questions?
Don't hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help.