An exciting condensed introduction to American History
History & Geography D+E will take you and your children on a broad sweep through American history—from the Spanish conquistadors to the present day—in a single year. This program contains the best-of-the-best resources from our Core D and Core E History programs and is sure to fuel a lifetime love for learning in your children.
- Journey to exciting, unknown lands with Christopher Columbus, the Pilgrims, and Lewis and Clark.
- Discover how America's founding fathers wrote one of America's most important documents, the Constitution.
- Experience the Great Depression with a young girl and her family as financial hardship leads to the imminent loss of their home. Or will the girl's brave letter to President Roosevelt's wife save their home and their dignity?
- Navigate the many trials and triumphs faced by great Americans as they seek to establish, preserve and build a young nation.
- Bask in the richness of our American heritage as you and your children learn soul-stirring songs and famous quotes that inspired the building of the USA.
And there's more...
Your studies will be anchored by Daniel Boorstin's esteemed work, Landmark History of the American People, along with 10 other timeless books that will give your children a practical understanding of America's treasured past. You'll discover how the American perspective spurred innovation and invention around the globe. You'll also discuss racial issues, mass immigration, women's suffrage, the labor movement and the Great Depression as you see how they all impacted the social, political, economic and spiritual climate of the United States today.
History & Geography D+E thoroughly integrates with the Read-Alouds D+E, and Readers D+E programs to bring American history to life for your children.